Cold air, wind, and indoor heat are three reasons your skin can dry out in the winter. These conditions suck the moisture out of your skin which can leave it dull and dry. Here are 5 tips to help your skin stay hydrated and healthy.
1. Exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells that sit on the surface. We all exfoliate our face but often forget our body. New skin is able to absorb moisture better.
2. Apply moisturizer twice a day. At night wear socks on your feet and hands for extra hydration.
3. Don't forget your lips! Try to keep from licking them. Each time you lick your lips you are removing moisture which makes them chapped.
4. When showering turn down the heat. Take warm showers instead of HOT.
5. Don't forget the sunscreen. The sun's damaging UV rays are actually stronger in the winter.